Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jen of the Dead

I spent much of yesterday & today practicing my zombie-slaying skills (aka brandishing the electric hedge trimmer) on the 16 overgrown shrubs in my backyard. (It was either that, or risk having the city of OP classify my yard as a jungle. But at least in that case I could have charged admission!) The day was not without incident, however. After the first two hours, I saw a quick spark & the trimmer shut off, just as I realized that I had sliced through the cord. The thing was so sharp that it went through it like butter. Awesome.
So I cleaned up, went to Home Depot & bought another 100' cord, sheepishly telling the woman at the checkout what I had done. She smiled broadly & said, "That's okay, Sweetie—everyone does it once. You'll be much more careful this time." And I was...for about 30 minutes. At which time I severed the brand new cord. So I gave up for the day. Went back out this morning, bought another cord, and finished the job several hours later without any further hiccups. All I can say is thank goodness it was a $12 cord, and not a trip to the ER!

No comments:

Post a Comment