Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hike at Clinton Lake

Today, after attending Crafty Chicks up in Liberty & buying waaay too many cool Christmas presents (none of which I can show here, since my family could see them!), I drove out to Clinton Lake (west of Lawrence) to join Renee & other Sierra Club members for a hike. The weather was spectacular: 67 degrees! In November!! Almost December!!! We took the 4.5 mile trail through the woods, up & down hills, and over streams. The shibas LOVED it. The woods are definitely their preferred habitat. Renee had Rosie with her, and another woman brought a golden named Shadow. I narrowly missed seeing a coyote (bummer!) but I DID get to see these guys (too bad they were obscured by so many branches!):
Majestic shibas in the wild:
The beach. (Remind me to return for the changing leaves next Fall!)
texture from the big log we climbed over to access the beach:
At the end of the hike, we built a campfire & Renee treated us to hot chocolate. So much fun!
Aki & Rosie, aka "giant Aki":
One funny thing that happened on the way to the park: we're driving through Lawrence & all of a sudden Taylor starts howling & Aki starts barking wildly. I was looking all over trying to figure out why they were carrying on. Turns out there was a guy on a motorcycle in my blind spot. I guess the dogs have never seen a motorcycle, and apparently they don't approve! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment