Saturday, May 8, 2010

KCCC 5k

I woke up at 5:40 (on a Saturday!) to drive to Shawnee Mission Park (to fight the traffic of thousands of athletes!) for the annual Kansas City Corporate Challenge 5k. The start time for the women's run was 7:00 am (but the start was late!) and the weather was cold (FORTY degrees!) and I was still fighting off a sinus/chest cold (for over a week!). Despite all that (drama) I was determined to do my best, and I came in at 25:37 (25:34 according to my stopwatch). All whining aside, I was pretty happy with my time, and I came in 22nd place in women 35-40, which is a competitive group. Danielle placed first in our division! And if all that wasn't great enough, a group of us met at Panera afterwards and I got a spinach & bacon baked egg souffle. 
(I know, awesome, right?!) Great way to start the day. 
If you need me, I'll be napping.
This was the carb-a-rific dinner I ate Friday night: homemade butternut squash risotto (with shallots & pancetta!), my favorite bruschetta & blackberries for dessert. The risotto was SO GOOD, and I wish I could take credit, but I'm pretty sure it was the pancetta.

3 comments:

  1. Great time, Jen! Especially considering how sick you've been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and Jen is SERIOUS about getting to Panera before they run out of souffles. You don't want to be anywhere near her when that happens ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, "anonymous" (aka "Liz"), and i don't even try to hide it!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete