Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stationery Show & more!

I met John for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and then we headed out on the shuttle bus to the Javitts center for the Stationery Show. The Javitts center was interesting, architecturally-speaking, and the show itself was immense, though everyone told me it has been much larger in previous years, a sign of the times:
This shot illustrates my camera's zoom power. Can you find this dude in the photo above?
After the show, John had to fly back to Kansas City. So we took the shuttle back to the hotel, he left, and I struck out on my own to see the Kuniyoshi show (read all about it in my other post).
After leaving the Japan Society, I was thrilled to hear that Derek was successful in securing dinner reservations for our gang: me, Derek & Dan, and Julie & Erika from Smilebox. We met at Rosa Mexicano in Union Square. We had a blast, and a great meal, too! We all went our separate ways after dinner. And rather than go right to bed as a wise tired person would have done, I visited Times Square again. I saw the "Theater for One" that Pam Kelley told us about; she had a chance to experience it, but I arrived too late to catch it each night. Rats! You can read the NY Times article, and the NY Post. It closed May 23.
I noticed a crowd staring up at this huge screen & I thought, "Man, those guys sure love American Eagle!" But it turned out that they were displaying people's photos on it. Made a little more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment