Saturday, May 15, 2010

An unexpected night at the Nelson

Last night after an EMW team happy hour, I joined some coworkers for the YFA happy hour at the Nelson. Thanks to Carrie & Andy for the invitation & for the ticket to hear retiring museum director Marc Wilson speak! Here's my favorite quote from his talk: "If you want to win, sometimes you have to go a little berzerk." I can't remember the context (I blame the "asian pear" from The Drop & the gin-and-tonic-chaser), but how funny is that?

And I say this every time I post about our museum, but every time I go, I am amazed at what an incredible jewel of a museum we have in our city. It has been fun to see it change & expand in the last 13 years. It really is world-class. I can't wait to go back & spend more time there, exploring the Bloch building & the sculpture garden.You can see one of my favorite paintings in the collection on the left side of the photo above, from the museum's website. The artist is Dirck van Baburen.

No comments:

Post a Comment