Saturday, July 10, 2010

Maine: the food

   One of the best things about going up to Maine is the incredible food. On the left, wild blueberries that I picked in Acadia. On the right, blueberries from Stella's yard. Different varieties that are equally delicious!
   I made an heirloom tomato salad with fresh basil & mozzarella & a touch of balsamic vinegar, with the produce I bought at the market in Southwest Harbor:
   Martha scored big on the "Maine" course. She had stopped off in Portland to meet a couple of young guys who run a lobster business, with whom she plans to work through Heinen's. They sent her off with a cooler containing a baker's dozen of lobsters! Martha always comes through big time on the seafood! In case you missed the interview with her, here it is again.
Normally I try not to meet my dinner:
   And I was glad that Martha did most of the kill—er, cooking. (I did drop a couple in the pot, though it pained me.)
Brad was less squeamish than me:
We had so many lobsters we were running out of bowls:
And hands!
We also had baked sweet potatoes, fresh corn, and grilled scallops:
(But this is all you need, really):
   Ironically, of the 6 of us, only 4 eat lobster. So we shared 13 lobsters among 4 people. (Admittedly we had some leftovers.) But I polished off 2 myself! And for the next 2 days I enjoyed lobster rolls. They're even good for breakfast!
Brad preferred pasta.
But who had the carb crash later, smart guy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment