Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mainely Portland: Danforth Inn

I found The Danforth online. It is an absolute gem of a bed & breakfast, originally built in 1823, and an example of Federal Style. And not only was the place itself amazing, the innkeepers could not have been friendlier, and it's just a short walk from the shops & restaurants along the pier. I will stay there every time I visit Portland!
The house has decorative leaded glass throughout:
The lobby:
Magnificent living room, with one of many fireplaces:
The fireplaces in other common rooms:
The main dining room:

Even the tableware is charming & beautiful:
Another bright & cheery dining room:
Upstairs...
The sitting rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors:
My room (yes, another fireplace!):
There was a cupola up from the 3rd floor, with a view of the city:
And downstairs, a pool room with character:
The Danforth gets my vote for best accommodations in Portland. I'm confident in saying that, though it's the only place in which I've stayed!

1 comment: