Monday, September 6, 2010

"It's clobberin' time!"

   I finished a commissioned plush last night & early this morning, while watching the complete "Sex & the City" series on DVD. (My first time seeing the episodes unedited because I watched them all on TBS.) Anyway, the plush is a reprise of "The Thing" that I created for a January 2008 show at Gallery 1988 (a tribute to Stan Lee). I don't usually make more than one of any character, but they buyer had purchased my Skeletor plush as well, so I was happy to oblige. But I modified the original design to make him a little bigger, a little buffer, and a lot tougher looking, with larger brow and embroidered nose. I definitely think it's time for Thing vs. Skeletor, don't you?
Yep, the rocky spots go all the way around:
Detail of the stitching, prior to sewing & stuffing:
Gypsy "helped" me his morning:
Thanks, Jim! Hope you like this Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment