Sunday, September 12, 2010

(Much more than) One Bite

   Today was the annual focus group/taste test at One Bite Japanese Grill, one of my very favorite local restaurants. I went with Mickey & Patty, Andy, Madeline & Chieko, and we were served four delicious courses: Jalapeno teriyaki + cream cheese dip, veggie gyoza, chicken katsu, and steak with jalapeno teriyaki sauce, chopped jalapenos & bok choy. It was an absolutely ridiculous amount of food, and SO, SO GOOD! Our group of 6 had a blast. It made me wonder why more restaurants don't adopt this idea? It's an ingenious way to gather feedback and to build loyalty with customers.
   I am privileged to be working on a project with Erika, the owner of One Bite, to design mascot characters for the restaurant that correspond to her dishes & sauces. I spent much of the day yesterday drawing, and it was so enjoyable...

No comments:

Post a Comment