Monday, September 13, 2010

Possum watch 2010

   The possums have been on vacation for the last couple of weeks (is it wrong for me to be jealous of them?), but returned to their home sweet home under my deck yesterday. The dogs have been obsessed ever since. They want to be outside ALL the time, and when it's time to come in I have to drag them inside by the scruff of their necks! 
   Maybe Mr. Raccoon stopped by last week to get the possums' mail & water their plants. In any case, I don't expect to see him back until he learns some sweet tanuki moves like the gang in Pom Poko. You can see the trailer here. It's a magical film by Hayao Miyazaki & Studio Ghibli featuring tanuki that band together to take back their homeland from humans. (Which reminds me, if I ever disappear, be sure to knock on the possums' door first.)
The film even has a wonderful nod to master artist Kuniyoshi!

No comments:

Post a Comment