Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big Martini '10

   Tonight was the annual "Big Martini" fundraiser for the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City, my first time attending. It would have been an absolute crime to waste a night like tonight indoors. (Although I felt a little guilty for not running with the dogs.) Gorgeous weather, good cause, and the drinks were flowing, so everyone was in a great mood. (Each attendee got four free drink tickets. But I wisely cut myself off after one lemon drop & two cosmos... it is a "school night," after all. Besides, that's 3x what I normally drink in an evening!) I didn't win anything in the live or silent auction (not that I didn't try... I was bidding on about 8 different things!), but had a great time hanging out with my HSGKC friends on the McCormick & Schmick patio. Hi to Ron & Angela, Jeri, Robin, Lauren, Jon, Mark, Bruce, Jana, Michelle, Amy, Karla & more! Hope it was a huge success...
With Jon:
With my friend & director of development, Robin Rowland:
With board  member Bruce Kay:
(Previous 2 photos by Robert Schraeder)
Cute desserts by Kodi's Cakes (photo from Facebook):
A quick shot as I was leaving the party:
And a week later, I got a thank-you letter in the mail...
with my own photo on it! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment