Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dogtoberfest

   Today was the annual Dogtoberfest in Blue Springs, our first time attending. It turned out to be bigger, more fun, and more crowded than I ever imagined, with people of all ages & all breeds of dogs. There was so much to do that I wish I could have stayed the whole day... and in no small part due to the gorgeous 80 degree weather!
Taylor greets some adorable puppies up for adoption:
Bonnie & Chris in their "Snack 'n Snooze" booth:
Events included a frisbee competition:
Dock diving competition:
And sheep & duck-herding demonstrations:
   We met several other shibas, including Shogun & Miko:
And a giant, friendly Bernese Mountain Dog who shared our water:
This one completely perplexed my pups:
   They asked for everyone to donate a bag of dog food for animal shelters, and made quite a haul!
   And the toughest choice of the day was, "Which one of Bonnie's delicious homemade treats should we eat first? Salmon? Peanut Butter? Banana? Chicken?..." Not to worry: they got all kinds of extra treats for good behavior & for passing the AKC CGC test (next post).

1 comment:

  1. I love Dogtoberfest, I already can't wait for next year!! And, I loved seeing all the Shibas, too!

    ReplyDelete