Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween morning at SMP

   I got up before dawn this morning (and all mornings, really, thanks to hungry Aki!), made some coffee, bundled up against the brisk 40 degree weather & headed out to Shawnee Mission Park. I had heard there was an observation tower there, and I thought it would offer a nice view of the sunrise & the fall leaves. It was a little more makeshift & rickety-looking than I expected, so the dogs stayed in the car. (I kinda had Liberty Memorial in my head, and it looked NOTHING like that!) But it did offer a nice view:
   Then I took the dogs over to the park (praying that Taylor wouldn't run off again—like last time!) where I ran into Mary & Willa.
   We talked for a while, then I took a quick hike through the woods. The shibas are so funny: they are so in their element in the woods. One of these days I'm going to have to move out of the suburbs and find a place in the wilderness, preferably on the side of a mountain. But with a grocery store nearby. But I digress...
   After a drive around the park we returned home so I could work on my big presentation for work tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment