Friday, January 14, 2011

Random Hallmark moments: I'm 12 again

   I had possibly my most immature moment at work today... ever.
   A guy was giving a presentation about this cool new software that we're considering. He reviewed the pros. And when he got to the cons he cited that "you need your dongle to make it work." But he didn't stop there. He talked about inserting the dongle, sharing the dongle... dongle dongle dongle. I held it together pretty well until I glanced up at Laurie, who was across the table. Her smirk got me. I tried to stifle my laugh and looked down at the agenda he had distributed. It said "dongle." Crap! Tried to concentrate on the presenter but he had his laptop open: "dongle." Looked up at the screen: "DONGLE." Please, sir. Can we stop talking about your dongle?!
   The initial presentation was given a week ago (I wasn't there), and Gary drew this cartoon of Maureen, who apparently had the same struggle I did. Probably a good thing we were separated.
Dongle - (computer science) an electronic device that must be attached to a computer in order for it to use protected software

No comments:

Post a Comment