Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Off to the Races

  Tom, Aaron, and I met a bunch of our newest recruits at Shawnee Mission East to start getting in shape for the meeting coming up in June. I sort of lost track (excuse the pun), but I think we ran an 800m, 400m, 1600m, 400m, and an 800m, with short breaks in between. I forgot my Nike+, so I don't know my times, but I was really pushing the last 100m of each lap, and I can already feel my legs tightening. Good thing we're practicing!!!
   Joe offered to loan his son's mountain bike to me, which I'm very excited about. A chance to test one out before I decide what to buy. So I can start triathlon training eventually...
  Our biggest track star, Danielle, may be out with an injury this year, which is a huge bummer. Who's going to take on her nemesis?! Probably not me, unless her nemesis is also injured... which is the only way I'd ever catch either of them!
  The perfect after-first-KCCC-track-practice meal: whole wheat pasta with roasted butternut squash, sausage, creamy pesto sauce and goat cheese crumbles. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment