Monday, July 25, 2011

Hittin' the Bottle

   I've been parked on the family room sofa ALL DAY trying to finish the Art Unleashed t-shirts. And around 11 pm, fading fast, ready to go to sleep but trying to power through. Then I heard rustling upstairs and went to investigate. I found a smug Mr. Taylor and a few remaining scraps of paper and foil from a brand new pack of gum.
   I knew this could be very bad, and confirmed that the gum contains Xylitol, which is poisonous to dogs (miraculously, the ingredients were one shred of packaging that he didn't eat, so I knew for sure). A call to the very helpful Erica at Mission Med Vet told me I needed to administer 1 T of Hydrogen Peroxide, and wait. And thus begins Vomit Watch 2011. My boy needs to throw it all up to avoid being rushed to the vet. Nothing's happening yet.
   We're outside, and thunderstorms are imminent. I need to finish these t-shirt designs. I need to get to work early to finish preparations for my business trip. I need to know my boy will be okay before I go. I need a break here... :(
    This $1.37 pack of gum has already cost me an additional $150 and I'll rack up more today. Sigh. But if my boy's okay, that's all I could ask for. I can make more money, but this bratty dog is definitely one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment