Monday, October 3, 2011

Bound Tiger

   I took another restorative yoga class tonight. It is awesome. I've never taken "relaxing" yoga before, nor have I used props, so it's very different. Tonight we did a couple of poses using bolsters and straps in which our knees or legs were bound for up to 15 minutes. The straps keep your body in good form, and help increase the intensity of the poses.
   At first it felt strange, almost like I wanted to fight against it to escape. As the poses continued, I learned to find peace in the tension and let go, which in turn made it comfortable, and I felt like I could stay there and relax forever. It's an interesting lesson. I need to figure out how to apply this to work. I feel like I've been fighting against impossible odds for a year and a half, and I need to learn how to lean into the tension and use it to my advantage...

No comments:

Post a Comment