Friday, October 21, 2011

To Weston!

   A bunch of my friends had planned to meet up in Weston tonight to camp, hike and enjoy a gorgeous weekend together. I've wanted to go for a while, but it has been a long couple of weeks, and I wasn't sure I was up for it. But as I drove home tonight, I decided I'd go for it. I got home from work, quickly packed gear for me and the dogs, and we hopped in the car for the 40-minute drive.
The sunset was beautiful!
   By the time I arrived, the party was already in full swing, and Renee had my tent all set up and ready to go. We sat around the campfire, and I dined on a delicious panini that Scott made in a pie iron over the fire, & Allyson's homemade chili. Wow. A long week, good friends, cold weather, hot food, and the gin & tonic tasted even better! Everyone was SO generous to share their gear and food with me, since I headed out in such a hurry.
   This was the first time that the pups had camped, and they didn't quite like the idea of being trapped in a tent, at first. Taylor kept nudging the tent zippers with his nose and actually escaped a couple of times. But once they got the idea, they quickly acclimated...

No comments:

Post a Comment