Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shrimp Scampi and a Little Scamp

   Tonight I cooked up a new recipe, courtesy of The Dr. Oz Show: Anaheim shrimp scampi. It's a healthier version that incorporates spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti. And I love squash, but the shrimp is so delicious that it would taste good served over sand. (Perhaps I'll save that for another meal.) Definitely a dish I'll make again, & proof that not everything that tastes good will kill you.

   Judging from the crowd it's drawing, it's good. Gyp is up to her old tricks: sitting close with her front feet on my leg, and strategically leaning in & swatting at my fork as I bring it to my mouth! I tamed this wildcat with food over 14 years ago, and she's not getting any less spoiled over time. She is THE reason that I made it a firm rule never to feed the dogs from the table. One unabashed beggar is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment