Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hitting the Road

   This week has felt like I'm working two shifts: I get up at 6 am, feed the animals and let the dogs out, get ready for work, say goodbye to everyone, arrive by 8:15, work until 5:15, then head home. As soon as I'm home, I let the dogs out, feed them, then  gather Gyp in her crate and we all pile into the car to go to the vet. Gypsy gets her fluids while the dogs wait patiently in the car, and then we go home so I can make dinner. By the time I've eaten, have fed Gyp again, and sit on the couch to wind down with a glass of wine, it's 9 or 9:30. Then I crash on the couch, get up at 6, and do it all over. Each day has felt like a marathon. I am, however, more than happy to sacrifice a little of my time and energy to do what's right for my kitty, to make her more comfortable, and hopefully to add a few more great days to her life.
   Seeing Gypsy declining has been really tough...almost more than I can take. Sometimes the emotion catches me by surprise & I burst into tears. I was sitting outside on the deck with the dogs when it happened, and good ol' Taylor muscled his way under my arm, leaned in, and gave me a big kiss. He is such a sweetie and always knows just what to do to make me feel better!!!
   This week I took a few photos en route to the vet, as the dogs excitedly stood on the console between the driver & passenger seats. They don't even care where we're going, they just enjoy the ride!
"I smell squirrels. Go that way!"
"Can we pull through Taco Bell on the way home?"

No comments:

Post a Comment