Sunday, September 16, 2012

Clinton Lake Hike

"Like a boss"... Aki seems to think she owns Renee's minivan!
"Are we there yet?"
   This morning Renee and Joe picked me up, and I loaded the Shibas into her van, along with her dog, Rosie (aka "Giant Aki") and we headed out to Lawrence, KS to meet a few others from the local Sierra club. The organizer planned a 6-mile hike through the woods and along the lake, on the blue & white trails on the north shore. The weather turned out to be perfect: cool and overcast, and only a single tick, unlike my previous experience in the area.
   After the hike, the lure coursing, and taking in a nice vista from the top of Sander's Mound...
   Renee, Joe, the dogs and I headed over to Mutt Run park to play a little more.
"Nobody here but us Hobbits."
   Joe found some seed pods which had fallen from the trees, and before long, we all were mustachioed!
"It's-a me, Mario!"
   I took this cute photo of Joe & Tay (who adores Joe). And Joe (one of the wittiest kids I know!) did a face swap:

2 comments:

  1. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Shiba Inu Community at vorts.com? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Shiba Owners, Breeders, Rescues and Lovers.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website...
    You can also add Photos, Videos, Rescues and Classifieds if you like. Post as much or as often as you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Shiba Inu Community: http://www.vorts.com/shiba_inus/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey James,
    I just found your comment & attempted to post... not sure it worked. Feel free to fix it if you can!

    ReplyDelete