Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not so humerus

   Three weeks since my slip on the ice, I was already bored out of my mind (shoulder hurting too much to be active) and annoyed with the flimsy sling. "It's not fractured," said Urgent Care. Well, now that I've been diagnosed with a fracture, I have the mother of all slings, the Slingshot2 (because clearly the Slingshot1 wouldn't get the job done). It is approximately 150% of my total body size, and it coordinates with precisely zero of my outfits. It is going to be a long six weeks! (Oh please let it not be more than six weeks!!!)
   MRI results next week. Let's hope the damage is limited to the bone, not soft tissue. Because this hurts like a mother & I am not going to agree to a surgery, given my ankle experience last year. I just had to scratch both the Ruckus on 4/6 and Warrior Dash on 4/27; I was REALLY looking forward to tearing up the courses with my friends again, too.
   And while this sucks, I've probably fallen off my snowboard a thousand times, injured once. That's not a bad ratio. The exhilaration of surfing on a mountain just might be worth it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment