Thursday, May 2, 2013

And the Fame Continues

   My friend Carol, whom I haven't bumped into at work in a while, sent me this: "Hey Jen-  I just wanted to take a moment and tell you what a great job you did in the Hallmark Hall of Fame "Remember Sunday"!!!!    There was just that one moment where it seemed you over acted .  Really just a tiny bit when you brushed your hair back from your face……oh about 4 times in one scene…but really hardly noticeable. Otherwise splendid acting!   LOL   Who knew, right?!?!?!!!!!! Getting a poster to get your autograph! Best to you, Jen Rarey, and your new career!"
   And that reminds me. I had lunch with myself last Wednesday. Or a version of myself as a dude. At least, that's what it felt like. I got a message the afternoon before, from a certain Mr. Brad Moore, who happens to be the President of Hallmark Hall of Fame. Seems my friend Jennifer L printed my goofy photos from Facebook ( see these, and these) and he wanted to meet me. (I also found out later that these photos were shared with many of our senior leaders, including Don Jr. Several of them have stopped me in the hall or emailed me. Ha!)
   Brad and I met in the cafe and an hour went by in the blink of an eye. Seems he's a fellow adventurer and adrenaline junkie, so we had a lot of stories to share. He's a hilarious guy, very easy to get to know. Brad skis—and he and his wife own a vacation home in Crested Butte; skydives, bungee jumps, hikes, you name it. He told me I need to get to New Zealand and Australia as soon as possible—for the dives, the hikes, other assorted adventure, and people like us with whom to enjoy it. No disagreement on my part!
I told him he needs to swim with whale sharks in Mexico.
   His wife also recently broke her collarbone, sort of similar to my injury. (She was in the driveway on a scooter with her grandson going "1 mph" and had a bad tumble. Okay... not very similar to my injury.) We compared x-rays on our iPhones.
   I'm pinching myself that the coincidence of this actress and me looking alike has led to so much laughter, meeting unexpected people, and being inspired to take grand new adventures. In life, there are no accidents, it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment