Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Random Hallmark Moments: Mayhem

   The day got kooky at lunchtime when I fumbled my tray (still carrying things with only my left hand) and I spilled ice all over the floor in the humor department. Big mistake. When I walked through there later, I saw this:
Touche, Mr. King.
   At the end of the day, Gary and I were packing up and wondering aloud why on earth a big, yellow slide had appeared in Earl's booth... complete with a sign that said, "Don't Slide!" So, naturally, we mocked it:
    ...And when we came in the next morning, Earl (the owner of the slide) had done this:
   Note the photos of us taped to the slide, along with an additional caution sign, to warn wiser people of the danger. Good thing Earl's sense of humor is as good as ours. He draws a helluva body outline too. Is this what they call "innovation"?!
   Apparently Earl had bought the slide for his kids through our company's want ads, and he had to leave it at work because he had taken the bus that day. (As a fan of the bus, I wish he had tried it. How could that NOT end in a hilarious story?) 
   All this to say that I have the world's funnest & funniest coworkers. We're all under a lot of stress right now, so it's all the more important that we break (meaning "pause", not "fracture") for fun now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment