Saturday, June 15, 2013

Thunderstorms = awesome sunsets!

P
   I worked in the yard most of the day, nearly keeling over from the oppressive heat and humidity. Mowed, watered, trimmed trees & shrubs, and was picking up when I noticed the sky was dark to the west. A HUGE gust of wind suddenly blew through the trees--so fast and strong that it was actually frightening. I was on the deck with the dogs when a 12' limb cracked and blew off the top of the maple tree, crashing to the center of the yard. The cable & electrical lines began bouncing up and down. Uh-oh! I quickly shepherded the dogs in the house and was rounding up all my tools as it started to pour. 
   I ran back around the house to lock the gate, careful to avoid moving under trees, lest I get flattened. In a matter of minutes, the temperature dropped at least 20 degrees, and the rain was VERY cold. But after suffering all day, it actually felt amazing. By the time I went inside, every inch of me was soaked. Just in time for me to take a shower. ;)
   Kelly and I went out to dinner to celebrate his birthday. The storm had pretty much blown over by then. On the way home, it rained a little, but we were treated to this incredible blue and pink sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment