Monday, July 22, 2013

A Wrinkle in Time

   I discovered a good theme for this trip on the bookshelf in Kelley's old room:
   It has been a whirlwind few days in Columbus, and although I was glad I made the decision to come, I'm excited to return to the relative solitude of my regular life. In under four days:
Mom drove me past the first house in which I ever resided (what I call my trip down "I don't remember it lane"). 
   Mom and I shopped (hot new fast-looking new trail running shoes!), talked, and got our nails done:
   Mom, Gayle, and I met Charlotte and new friends Cat and Lisa at Local Cantina... And then walked to Jeni's ice cream and decorated my plain white t-shirt
   Tiffany and I showed the Color Run how it is done:
I visited with people I hadn't seem in twenty years (and my besties too) at my high school reunion
   Saw the Columbus zoo with Charlotte (drew some polar bears and reindeer for work) and had Donatos Pizza for lunch with her and Amy:
   I met Michele, Michele, and Lynette for Graeter's ice cream (like a pound of ice cream. Oof. But delicious!)

   Michele gave me a tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright inspired houses in Worthington (who knew these were tucked away in a quiet neighborhood just off the beaten path):
   And she and Ted took me home in a 1973 Porsche 911 that happens to match my kayak & my manicure
   I had a delightful lunch with Tam Peterson, one of the biggest influences in my life, art wise and otherwise
   Killed about 10k bloodthirsty little pricks (she is red from MY blood!)
And flew home.

Anybody notice that I didn't mention sleep? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment