Friday, July 12, 2013

Sharknado, schmarknado

   Sharknado is a really stupid movie. A tornado stirs up thousands of man-eating sharks, depositing them all over LA, to certain mayhem. I heard about it months ago and alerted Gary and Ginny, but I have Ginny to thank for letting me know it was on, because I certainly wouldn't want to miss it! She and Gary & I texted each other for a couple of hours, one-upping each others' jokes.
   Gary set the bar high by saying the stabbing-the-shark-from-the-inside-with-chainsaw scene reminded him if growing up on a pig farm. ...Wait. What?! So he drew it:
   And from that we coined pignado, hognado, hamnado, porknado, baconado, oinknado, & spamnado.
   When he learned that I'll soon be diving with sharks in Honduras, he drew this:
"Hey, this is Jen. Batteries dying. But I found a cool shell and a North Carolina license plate inside this sucker."
   (In case it isn't obvious, it's me texting them from inside a shark.) I wanted to join in the drawing, but was too lazy to get my sketchbook. Gary drew these on his phone! Totally amazing to me, because I suck at that. Guess I need to get unlazy or start practicing iPhone drawing. Ginny's response to my upcoming diving was a little different: she asked me for my social security number so she could take out a "questionable adventure insurance policy" on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment