Thursday, January 16, 2014

My new ride

   Do I need a new hobby? No. In fact... Hell no. But, I've been thinking about this board ever since I saw it as we walked past the windows of the shop in Portland on Christmas Day. And I figure if I am still thinking about it three weeks later, perhaps I should consider it.  The artwork is just THAT good, and I wanted it in my home.
   I have absolutely no reason to think I will be even slightly competent at longboarding, but if it turns out that I am, it can only help my snowboarding too. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it. Brett said he would teach me. Soon there will be a new fox in the henhouse. Game on! If nothing else, there's something to be said for a foxy chick on a foxy longboard, right? ;)
   We spent a couple hours watching the X-Games and selecting trucks, wheels, bearings, hardware, bushings, and protective gear. Now I have a new reason to look forward to Spring, though I'm in no hurry to see the snow go.

No comments:

Post a Comment