Monday, February 17, 2014

Diverse Diversions

   Let's be honest: it would be a lot quicker to circle the things I would not like to do or try: airplanes/trains, cars/mechanics, model cars/airplanes, motorcycling, playing regular golf, and watching or doing wrestling/boxing. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that MOST Little Sisters are going to be with me on these.
   So... my case manager at Big Brothers Big Sisters KC is in the process of matching me with potential Littles right now! It has been a long process... online questionnaire, written questionnaires, a home visit, a background check, and surveys from eight references. It seriously was simpler for me to get into Quantico and the FBI Academy than it was to get matched. (Which I applaud, since we're talking about kids.)
   Anyway, I am MEGA EXCITED to meet my new Little Sister. I've so enjoyed working with all the kids through Scuba diving, and can't wait to see who she is and what we can do together.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment