Sunday, February 23, 2014

Misao & Fukumaru

   I think I just got a glimpse of myself at age 85. (If only Kismet & I could live that long!) http://www.viralforest.com/misao-fukumaru/  Misao rescued Fukumaru as a kitten, and her granddaughter has taken photos chronicling their close relationship. They seem somewhat familiar to me…
   I taught Gypsy, and now Kismet, to do the beckoning cat pose… But I don't usually do it myself:
   Like the story of Hachiko, the Akita who waited years at the train stop for his owner to return, or the monk who was saved from a lightning strike by a beckoning kitty or "Maneki neko", there are many legends of special relationships between Japanese people and animals. Just one more reason for me to suspect that I might actually be Japanese. ;)
   Meanwhile, I'm not in this picture... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment