Monday, March 10, 2014

Shibas, sunsets, and sustenance

   Hurry up hurry up hurry up I can already see the park!!!
   Still on 11 days till spring, and yet it was a freakish 73° today in the Kansas City area. Towards the end of the day, I noticed that everyone was packing up and sneaking out, so I left a little bit early too. I quickly changed clothes and took the dogs (who were shrieking with delight) straight over to Shawnee Mission Park for a run.
   Here are the kids relaxing on a bench to drink some water and watch the geese after a long, slow 4 miles:
   "You're lucky I'm on leashes, geeses!"
   And what a glorious evening for a run it was, complete with beautiful views of the lake and a gorgeous sunset that just didn't quit.
   In fact, I enjoyed the sunset all the way to the sushi bar. Couldn't resist savoring the last of the light and then going home to relax and stuff myself almost to the point of stomach rupture. Guess it's not so smart to run directly before I stop for food!
Sushi totem... The best kind of totem!

No comments:

Post a Comment