Friday, March 7, 2014

Speaking engagement: AIIKC

   This morning I had another opportunity to present my research on & my passion for Japanese character design to a Japanese Pop Culture class at The Art Institutes International of Kansas City. This was my third or fourth presentation there in the last couple of years, and I'm thrilled that they keep inviting me back! It's a great chance for me to practice presenting, to "try out" what it would be like to be a teacher, and great motivation to continue building on the deck. It has grown a LOT since its humble beginnings in 2010, when I created it for the Japan-America Society of KC.
   This class responded well and had great questions, particularly about how to learn the Japanese language. I LOVE being able to encourage and influence students to learn more about something I love so much! Thanks to Jason Smith and Barbara Brooks for having me out yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment