Sunday, May 11, 2014

Vanquishing the flu

   Homemade chicken, veggie, and rice soup infused with ginger and lemongrass from Christy; and blue Gatorade from Rich infused with cherry Alka-Seltzer from Kelly. Getting by with a little help from my friends!
   And get this: when Christy stopped by to drop off the soup, she said she was on her way to the Overland Park Arboretum and wanted to take the dogs on a walk. So my kids are on a field trip while I am reclining on the couch, recuperating. My poor dogs haven't been outside our yard since Wednesday, so it was a welcome retreat. She even sent me photos of my pups enjoying themselves. Lucky dogs!!!
   There aren't many good things to say about being sick, but one is obvious: it reminds you of what great friends you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment