Thursday, June 5, 2014

Random Hallmark Moments: Twin Elves

   I am presenting at our Creative Leadership forum this afternoon… to a large room full of creative people at the middle manager level. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm a nervous presenter, though I'm always pleased to have the opportunity to represent my team and unveil the great work we're doing together. Today I'm showing scenes from the live action Christmas movie called "Northpole", which will air on the Hallmark Channel on November 15, and the 3D animated short I've been producing/directing, "Polariffic!". Basically, I have the BEST material to share. But, still nervous. I'm just not a natural speaker.
   But things just got a bit lighter. This is hilarious... I just bumped into Ann, the VP who is presenting RIGHT before me this afternoon. She and I are wearing very similar dresses & shoes, and EXACTLY the same color sweater. We look like twins! She has to introduce me. So we're going to make a joke out of it. Now I'm actually quite excited.

   Follow up: the presentation went well, but I never could have predicted what happened. FOUR of us were wearing nearly the exact same black-and-white patterned dresses, and bright orange cardigans!!! So we had a lot of fun with it, although I'm pretty sure the audience thought that we dressed alike on purpose. Apparently it's the new senior manager costume. I just crashed their party. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment