Friday, July 4, 2014

Fun on the 4th

   Madeline hosted a little gathering at her place with her parents, Tasha, Kelly, and me. (And of course our pups.) Bruce delighted in lap-hopping:
   ... And smiled for the camera with a little help from Wayne: 
   We sat outside, basking in the glow of Madeline's new garage. It was rebuilt after a fire took it down a couple months ago.
   Kelly still holds the title of Shibas' best friend (Aki looks like she wants to eat the Jayhawk on his shirt):
   But really, I think I will always be Aki's favorite. Nobody spoils her quite like me!
   My dogs were miraculously unfazed by all the fireworks going off in Brookside. In fact, they both kept falling asleep while sitting up, they were so relaxed. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about them. Similarly, when we got back home, the parks surrounding my neighborhood were doing their grand finales, and Kismet was unfazed. We all sat outside on the deck together and enjoyed the show. How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment