Monday, July 21, 2014

Sunday stroll

   Since I was dive training since early this morning, I felt the dogs deserved a nice, long walk. So we headed over to Santa Fe Commons Park for the free Sunday night jazz concert. The park was full of kids, all of whom wanted to share some attention with the dogs. We even bumped into Jana (aka Janamal) and Darren!
   Then, I came home and made good use of the huge bag of fresh basil that David had given me, and the jar of fresh walnuts that Rich and Britten had given me: presto! Fresh pesto! I had never made it before, but it was even easier than I anticipated. Salt-and-pepper, olive oil, nuts, basil, garlic, and Romano cheese. Now I just need to go get a huge loaf of crusty bread… and maybe an extra bottle of mouthwash. Holy cow, this is spicy and garlicky! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment