Thursday, October 2, 2014

Shiba tearjerker

   This Purina commercial from Thailand is a real tearjerker… You have been warned. http://9gag.tv/p/aKGm1y?ref=fbl9
   My Aki was abandoned by her owner at a vet's office; she tied the leash to the door and left Aki there, scared and alone. So this video really hit home. It took a long time to get her to trust me, and now she's the best friend I could ever imagine.
   Taylor had two homes before me; and you wouldn't believe the number of people who have half-joked with me that they want him if I ever decided to give him up. He's a popular guy, and a very easy dog with whom to live.
   Thank goodness for rescue groups, so that dogs have a chance to find the right home, even if it's the second or third time around. My two Shibas are so wonderful I can't imagine how anyone could have given them up… But in the end, I am so glad that they did.
   Sometimes I think about the individuals or families who owned my dogs previously. Do they ever think about their former dogs? Do they regret giving them up? Surely they could scarcely believe it if they knew all the things that the dogs have done with me. And I am certain my dogs would never choose to live with anyone else.
   It's a complex issue; the truth is, some people can't commit to a responsibility like this for as many years as a pet can live. And that doesn't make it right for them to abandon them--no pet should have to live on the streets. But if they place them responsibly, it can be the best thing for the animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment