Thursday, April 30, 2015

Inspiration: chances

   At 2 AM, I completed my application for an organization I'm very excited about. I needed to get it in quickly, and I was preparing for it much of the day yesterday, with an assist from Ginny and Patty. It feels like a long shot, but a chance that I absolutely had to take. Fingers crossed. There are other jobs about which I'm very excited, but this could be a biggie.
   Beyond that, just trying to take it day by day and take good care of myself.
   In my moments of downtime, these guys are taking good care of me, too. At the moment, I am trapped on my own couch under the weight of an 8 pound feline.
   Here are a couple of quotes that contacts on LinkedIn shared: 
"The role of a creative leader is not to have all the ideas; it's to create a culture where everyone can have ideas and feel that they are valued." – Ken Robinson
"If you hire people just because they can do a job, the work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, the work for you with blood, sweat, and tears." – Unknown source

No comments:

Post a Comment