Thursday, May 7, 2015

Care packages

   This week has brought the mother load of care packages. The one above is from Keiko, and chock-full of Japanese candy, a Starbucks gift card, and even two random little packages of "pecker" candy, which made me laugh out loud. I think maybe I won't take those along to suck on during a job interview, just saying.
    The one below is from David, who has been delivering care packages every 2 to 3 weeks since I left work two months ago. Full of cards, a map of Yosemite national Park for my upcoming half marathon, and my favorite… A schedule of fresh garden produce deliveries! Clearly, I may be gone from the corporate environment, but I have not been forgotten in the least!
   I had lunch with Charlie and Rob, another of my favorite people/favorite artists today. We met downtown at the Jacobson. Rob paid us one of the biggest compliments I could ever imagine when he said, "the life went out of the place when you guys left." Coming from such an exceptional talent, and truly an exceptional all-around guy, this meant so much to us. I hope the company finds its life again, but Rob's sentiment seems to be shared by many. All I can say is I met the most amazing people there, and I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment