Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Inspiration: the rules

   I've never thought of Arnold Schwarzenegger as being someone who I would really identify with, but a very wise friend shared his video with me this morning, and it's like the guy's inside my head. Gotta work on getting comfortable with the idea of potential failure, but I think I'm doing okay on the others.
   And another wise friend shared this. I so believe in this mantra. And it is probably the biggest reason I am concerned about being unemployed for too long. Of course I can't wait to find awesome, fulfilling work… I can't wait to get back into a regular schedule, working with inspiring and collaborative people. Whatever that may be. I have a lot to give and I don't want to sit idle too long. (not that I'm sitting idle… Quite the opposite!)  
   The other part of it is that if I'm not earning money, it will become more difficult for me to get out and see the world when I'm able to take breaks. As a creative person, it is critical to find inspiration, which can come in so many different forms--I see something that inspires me every day in my daily life. But one of the most potent forms of inspiration is is experiencing new places and cultures. You learn faster when you surround yourself with people who are different from you. Everyone has something to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment