Monday, June 8, 2015

Choose your own adventure

   Hard to believe, but it is official. I'm totally a scuba instructor!!! My materials just arrived in the mail. Not bad for not having been able to swim just a short six years ago. I have successfully conquered my fears and completed the challenge I never thought possible. Gives me goosebumps just to think about it.
   I recently found this article in self magazine, which seems to describe my passion for adventure perfectly. Indeed, risks are scary. "But when major challenges seem doable, the brain releases adrenaline, which causes intense feelings of pleasure.… You want to feel challenged yet in control. Enough uncertainty without too much anxiety." In the beginning, I had anxiety in spades, but it never surpassed my willingness to keep trying. I am so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment