Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Quiche me you fool

   I didn't have much lunchy stuff here at the house, but I did have crescent roll dough, some random savory ingredients, and fresh Campo Lindo eggs from Bryan. So I Googled a recipe for quiche cups and made it my own: with chopped jalapeño, homemade sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, Havarti, and spinach. So good that I sort of want to have breakfast for lunch every day. 
   And to make things even better, the eggs came with this adorable little drawing! Bravo to Campo Lindo Farms!
   Update: I sent a little note to Campo Lindo this morning to tell them how much I loved the cartoon and ask for the artist's name. Turns out it's Carol Maddick's mom, Marlore Anwandter. She said, "A couple of times a year we deviate from my "news on the farm" type of note, and she [Mom] does a drawing for me. She really likes to incorporate the predators that we have to deal with, but she puts them in a much more positive light. :) "
   And Carol thoughtfully attached a few more cartoons for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! 
   Here in Kansas City we are blessed to have good land for farming, and one of my favorite things about living here is the abundance of fresh, locally-grown food. And I love how Campo Lindo Farms has upped their game by surprising their customers with a unique treat like this. I didn't know their eggs were available in some grocery stores (I've had them in some of the best restaurants in town), and now I'll happily go out of my way to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment