Tuesday, November 10, 2015

UnitedHealth: I hope you read this!

   I do my best not to rant, but here's a PSA: United Healthcare is absolutely the most incompetent company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with! Please keep this in mind during your open enrollment period.
   They operate as two separate companies, group and individual insurance. But both are under the UnitedHealth name, and use the SAME address for claim submission. 
   I switched from group to individual insurance as of May 1. And they have denied every single claim ever since, because everything is run through the group side. The two sides don't talk to each other. So all my providers receive notification that my insurance has been terminated, and I receive enormous bills.
   I am paying hundreds of dollars per month for this service. The one thing they get right? They take their premium payment on time every month!
   I've had to call them about every single claim for the last seven months. It is a known issue that they find impossible to correct. They are making ME look irresponsible to all of my healthcare providers. And I don't even want to think about the number of hours I have spent on the phone trying to get through to get all this resolved.
   SHAME ON YOU, United Health!
   Update: 11/11/15: I need to pick my jaw up off the floor, because I totally don't believe it, but apparently posting public messages on Facebook and Twitter, and filing a complaint at the Better Business Bureau actually works! UH1 called me today to make sure all of my previously submitted claims are correctly routed. And to warn me that they still won't have this problem fixed for two more months. (INEXCUSABLE! You're a huge company and you have plenty of resources to get this fixed. You've already taken 7+ months.)
   If anyone else is experiencing this issue, I would recommend you call Jessica at UH1, 800-926-7602 ext 63383. Don't waste time calling the number on your card/website.

No comments:

Post a Comment