Tuesday, December 8, 2015

No Escaping Fun!

    Tonight I met the out-of-town half of my new coworkers for the first time! There are six of us in Kansas City, and five of us in other states. I am used to seeing everyone on video chat, but tonight was the first night we met in person. 
   I was the first one to arrive at the restaurant, and had this weird feeling like I was on a blind date, in nervous anticipation for everyone to walk in. It's funny, I am so accustomed to seeing everyone's faces that I didn't expect to be nervous, but there was. And for nothing: as soon as the group arrived, I was greeted with hugs and we instantly felt like old friends.
   And after dinner… We broke out of Escape room together! I was on Jenny's "jailbreak" team with Madi, Andrea, Tara, and Sarah. The jailbreak room is the hardest of the three, and only 4% of the teams who refuse to accept clues are successful and breaking out. We accepted four clues, and the six of us figured the way out in less than 45 minutes.
   It was cool to see how we all work together, in part because all of us are at a similar level of experience on the team; we are all leaders. But we each gravitated towards certain puzzles and tasks, which made the process very efficient. A sign of good things to come, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment