Friday, June 24, 2016

Happy Hawaiiversary!

  A year ago, June 23, I was on my way to Hawaii to spend two completely incredible, awe-filled weeks of love and learning about conservation, in the company of some of the world's most welcoming and brilliant people.
   And today I am wishing I were right back there again. 
   The last 15 months have been quite the roller coaster, mostly good, but not easy. A year ago, during this time of travel and discovery and meeting new people, I had perhaps the strongest feeling I've ever had in my life that I was in "the flow." I felt very centered, very connected, and although uncertainty hung in the air, not an ounce of fear or doubt. I haven't felt like that in a while. Trying to sort out what that means for me. 
   The ocean is a magical place and it is calling to me like a siren. Never in my life all I forget how it felt to dive with the mantis, and to swim alongside wild spinner dolphins.
* * * 
   The image above is a design I created for Hawaiiexperiences.com, the family I met on my first trip to Hawaii. I returned to work with them for a couple weeks in September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment