Thursday, March 23, 2017

The joy of pets

   This is in response to an article in the New York Times called "things I wish I had known when my dog died." https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/nyregion/things-i-wish-i-had-known-when-my-dog-died.html?smid=fb-nytwell&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com   Wonderful, and sweet. Brought tears to my eyes, thinking about the two cats I've lost as an adult… Let alone the pets I grew up with, and dear friends' pets.
   Many daily joys revolve around interaction with my pets. The cat is always the first to greet me when I wake up, and anytime I return home. (With the dogs pushing and shoving to be next in line.) They howl with excitement when I get out of bed every morning. Every morning!
   Reading an article like this reminds me to cherish them every day they're here, and to be thankful when they're well. And not just pets, but people too.
   And I'm especially grateful for those who dedicate their lives to saving these precious creatures and placing them in loving homes. Kathi Nichols, Kate Fields, Jack Pullan, Steph Allen, Bonnie Drayson Still, Joahnna Lyzza Osmena, Rachelle Steele, Casey Waugh, Robin Bybee Rowland - among many many others I'm lucky to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment