Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fun at Moosejaw

   Caleb, a Moosejaw employee, kindly took a Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm out of the package and inflated it for me, so I could test it to see if it's as loud and crinkly as the online reviews say it is. (It is.) It also doesn't seem as durable as the surface of the NeoAir All Season, which is now my frontrunner in backpacking gear. He saved me a good chunk of change by letting me test them, and he even brought a down mummy bag and Thermarest compressible pillow to make the test as thorough as possible. A+ for Caleb!
   But it gets better. His buddy brought out a new North Face full-body down suit, which replaces a mummy bag for the hard-core-est of trekkers. Caleb donned it, and did the running man to Junior Senior's D-D-Don't Stop the Beat. He had to be boiling in that suit. Extra credit for Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment