Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hallmark's 100th Anniversary

2010 marks the 100th anniversary of Hallmark Cards (and my 13th anniversary working for them!). In honor of the big event, we were each issued a crown to decorate, for a display in January. So I took my plain white, resin crown and made it gold & sparkly...
And then set about creating plush caricatures of our President/CEO/Vice Chairman of the Board, Don Hall Jr., and his brother—our President of Hallmark North America, Dave Hall:
All the pieces cut out & ready to assemble:
The Halls are taking shape, with hand-embroidered faces and "Hallmark plum" colored ties:
The completed Halls. They're about 12' high, and look rather cute in their tiny suits & ties, if I do say so myself:
This is how I envision they'll be displayed, with an arm over each others' shoulder, sitting in the crown. (I'm working on a label for the front of the crown that says, "Congratulations Don & Dave."
Or maybe we'll just display them like this!
Last-minute additions: Hallmark ID badges, & a message on the crown:
Hopefully the Halls will approve...I'd like to make it to my 14th anniversary, at least! ; )

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to put in a vote for "Crowngratulations" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, this is why you're not my ghostwriter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Don and Dave dolls. Great job. Blue ribbon !!!!!

    ReplyDelete