Sunday, January 31, 2010

Groundhog Run @ Hunt Midwest Subtropolis

This morning I got up early, braved the freezing temperatures & headed up north to an underground office park/warehouse to run the 28th annual Children's TLC "Groundhog Run." Here are some views of the lovely industrial area just north of downtown KC:
Walking into the cave (which was a balmy 68 degrees inside...
once you got away from the entrance!)
I arrived about an hour early & had time to explore a bit.
(They even have trains down here!) Apparently this place is the largest
underground warehouse space in the world: 5 MILLION square feet!
That "no idling" goes for the runners too, BTW...
I'm somewhere in the middle of this mass of people:
Oh, there I am!
(Previous 2 photos by Action Sports Images)
The mass of people wandering around after the 5k:
The site listed my official time as 26:02 (8:23 per mile), but according to my watch & the friend who ran with me, I finished in under 26 minutes; and placed 17th in my age group (out of 155)!
Photos from the KC Star
Logo by John Wagner, of Maxine fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment