Saturday, January 30, 2010

SCUBA, here I come!!!

I successfully swam 200m today in my swim class (more like 600m actually!) and I'm sure I'm ready for that Scuba test! Most pools are 25m long, so you have to cross the pool 8 times to pass the Scuba test. I still struggle with breathing after 25m of the front crawl, but can easily go the distance with the breast stroke. SO EXCITED. And to think: only SIX months ago all I could do was dog-paddle.
Look out, Jacques Cousteau!

On an unrelated but funny note, I took my lessons at Shawnee Mission Northwest, home of the Cougars. (This one's for you, Liz!) And P.S. see all that snow?! Imagine walking out to your car all damp from swimming, in flip-flops, in freezing temperatures. (((Brrr)))

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm so proud of you for doing this - and in the snow no less. So excited to go diving together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl, Jen ! Keep up the good work. And I'm not talking about your swimming ; )

    ReplyDelete